Last updated: Jul. 7, 2016
Your privacy is important to FELL Marine. We developed this Privacy Statement so you know how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your information. Please read through this Privacy Statement to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices.
This Privacy Statement describes the treatment of information FELL Marine collects on the websites and applications that reference this Privacy Statement and from certain of our products and applications. In addition, users of certain of our products and applications are provided with privacy statements that are specific to those products and applications — in those instances, those privacy statements supplement and should be read in conjunction with this Privacy Statement.
1. COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
A. Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies a particular individual. When you create an account on a FELL Marine website, register your products, purchase or otherwise obtain a map update or product on a FELL Marine website, sign up for a newsletter, participate in promotional activities, or contact our product support personnel, we may collect a variety of Personal Information, which depending on the circumstances may include your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and payment card information. Your Personal Information may be collected and/or stored by FELL Marine Inc. in the United States. If you reside in a country outside the United States, please note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as comprehensive as the laws in your country.
We may use Personal Information about you for the following purposes:
- Communications We may communicate with you, such as to provide you with the products and services you request, to communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, to give you important information about your products or applications, and (consistent with applicable laws and the choices available to you as described in Paragraph 6 below) send you offers and promotions for our products and applications.
- Customer Support When you interact with our customer support representatives via email, telephone or in person, we may collect Personal Information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and contact preferences; information about the FELL Marine products you own, such as their serial numbers, date of purchase and (if applicable) event logs that are useful in diagnosing product or application performance related issues; and information relating to a support or service issue. We use this information to provide you with customer and product support.
- Purchases If you provide your payment card information on a FELL Marine website or directly on your FELL Marine product, then FELL Marine will use your payment card information and related payment and account information, as well as your name and mailing address if applicable, for the purpose of filling your purchases or collecting payment of recurring fees, if applicable.
- Promotions If you enter into a sweepstakes, contest or similar promotion, we may use the information you provide to administer those promotions. To the extent that the terms and conditions of any such promotion regarding the treatment of Personal Information about you conflict with this Privacy Statement, the terms and conditions of the promotion will control.
- Information Posted by Visitors FELL Marine may make available through certain of our sites’ services (for example, message boards, forums, chat functionality and blogs, among other services) to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you disclose through such services or otherwise on our sites may become public information, and may be available to visitors to the sites and to the general public. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information, or any other information, on our sites. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SITES.
- Company Use FELL Marine may use your Personal Information (a) for internal statistical, marketing or operational purposes, including generating sales reports and measuring and understanding demographic, user interest, purchasing and other trends among our customers, (b) to notify you of certain changes to this Privacy Statement, and (c) for any other purposes for which we notify you specifically at the time of collection or as otherwise described in this Privacy Statement or as permitted or required by law, rule, regulation, subpoena or other legal process.
B. Other Information
“Other Information” is any information that does not identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, a particular person, such as: browser and device information, app usage data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information and other information provided by you, anonymous information and aggregated information. Please note we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in “Personal information” section above. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined. Examples of Other Information include:
- Server Log Information We and our service providers use server log information for purposes such as calculating site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with FELL Marine’s servers and administering FELL Marine’s websites. These server logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, the time(s) of your visit(s) and the web page(s) that you visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files, and related information as Other Information, except where we are required under applicable laws to treat any such information as Personal Information.
We use locally stored objects, also known as Flash cookies, in certain situations where we use the Adobe Flash Player to provide special content such as videos or video clips. Flash uses this technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies but Flash cookies are not managed through your web browser. Learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies.
- Use of Apps When you download and use apps, we and our service providers may track and collect app usage data, such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the app based on your device number. FELL Marine uses a third-party service provider to collect analytical information related to the use of its mobile apps, such as device state information, device hardware and OS information, information relating to how an app functions, and the physical location of a user’s device at the time the device crashes. This information is collected and stored in a way that does not personally identify any particular user. FELL Marine uses this aggregated data to improve the quality and functionality of its mobile apps.
2. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
A. Affiliated Entities
We may share Personal Information that you provide to FELL Marine with our affiliates worldwide for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Our affiliates are required to protect Personal Information about you in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement. FELL Marine Inc. in the United States is the party responsible for managing jointly used Personal Information. If you reside in a country outside the United States, please note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as comprehensive as the laws in your country.
B. Service Providers
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and websites or administer activities on our behalf, such as fulfilling purchases, processing payment card payments and shipping products to you. We may share Personal Information about you, including payment card information, with these third parties for the sole purpose of enabling them to perform the services.
C. Other Disclosures
We may disclose Personal Information about you to others if we have your consent to do so in such form of consent as may be required under applicable law. We may also disclose Personal Information about you to others as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law or regulation, including laws or regulations outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public authorities and law enforcement officials, including officials outside your country of residence; (d) to assist or support theft investigations involving FELL Marine products or property, (e) to enforce any of our terms and conditions or policies; (f) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates and subsidiaries; (g) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of FELL Marine, its affiliates and subsidiaries, you, or others; or (h) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may transfer information to an affiliate, a subsidiary, or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of FELL Marine’s business, assets, or stock, including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
3. LINKS, THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS, AND THIRD PARTIES' PRIVACY PRACTICES
Our websites, applications and products may contain links to other sites that are not operated by FELL Marine, and our websites or your product may contain applications that you can download from third parties. These linked sites, services, and applications are not under our control and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any linked sites, services and applications. If you provide any Personal Information through any third-party sites, services, or applications, your transaction will occur on the third party’s site, service, and/or application and the information you provide will be collected by, and controlled by, the privacy statement of that third party. FELL MARINE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OR THE CONTENT OF THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES OR THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS. We recommend you review the privacy statement of any third parties.
FELL Marine takes reasonable security measures to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and unauthorized disclosure or alteration of the Personal Information under its control.
5. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING MARKETING CORRESPONDENCE
We will not share your Personal Information with third parties (other than our affiliates) for the third parties’ marketing purposes unless you opt-in if and when we give you the opportunity to do so. We and our affiliates may use your Personal Information to send you marketing-related correspondence (including emails) related to FELL Marine products or applications unless you opt-out of receiving them.
To withdraw your previously given consent for us to share Personal Information about you with third parties for the third parties’ marketing purposes, email us at email@example.com.
6. USE OF WEBSITES, PRODUCTS AND APPLICATIONS BY CHILDREN
Our products and applications are not directed to individuals under the age of 13, and we request that individuals under 13 not provide Personal Information to FELL Marine through any FELL Marine website or through our products and applications. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
7. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time as we add new products and applications, as we improve our current offerings, and as technologies and laws change. You can determine when this Privacy Statement was last revised by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page. Any changes will become effective upon our posting of the revised Privacy Statement on our affected websites. We will provide notice to you if these changes are material and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent. This notice may be provided by email, by posting notice of the changes on our affected websites or by other means prior to the change becoming effective, consistent with applicable laws.
8. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
9. REVIEWING/CORRECTING/UPDATING/DELETING INFORMATION; DATA INTEGRITY
FELL Marine takes reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect from you is accurate, complete, and current. You may request access and request that erroneous or inaccurate Personal Information be updated. You may also request that your Personal Information be deleted. FELL Marine will respond promptly to your requests and in any event within 30 days, or in accordance to applicable law. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We may decline to process requests that jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or would cause us to take any action that is not permissible under applicable laws. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain in our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
Access, correction or deletion requests can be made as follows:
Mail: FELL Marine Inc. C/O 1280 S.W. 36th Avenue, 206. US 33069, U.S.A.